Thursday, January 19, 2012

Picture of the Day - The Greyhound





Today I took Bella to the dog park to play with a dog friend of hers.  While we were there, a couple brought their rescued greyhound "Bongo", who is pictured above.  Awesome colors.  Pretty shy dog at first, but got into it more with the other pups after a few minutes.  And when he ran...just, wow.

In college, I used to go to the dog track with some friends of mine every so often.  I can't remember the exact details, but once when we were there, one of the dogs that was racing was named "Clever Chole".  I initially misread the first name as "cleaver", and from that point on, I had earned (earned may be too strong of a word...perhaps stumbled into) the nickname "Cleaver Chole", or just "Cleaver" for short.  It's grown on me...I mean, how awesome is it to have your friends greet you by saying "Cleaver!", like they would say "Norm!" in Cheers, only much cooler?  We even got a door knocker that says "The Choles" from that same group of friends.  Our other favorite dog was simply named "Big Red Dog".  Another friend in that same group grabbed that nickname for some reason, but I can't remember why exactly.  That friend actually runs dogs in Alaska now, living his dream.  Good stuff.

The track we used to come to, Cloverleaf in Loveland, is long gone and looks completely dilapidated now, but back in the day, we had some good times and good memories there.  Might have to adopt a greyhound named "Cleaver" in the future to keep Bella company.  Hmmmmm......

2 comments:

  1. How funny, I just Googled my dog, and found him where I least expected! Good shot of him! He almost looks vicious. lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that really your dog? We must have met in the park that day, then. He was so cool...love his coloring, and this shot of him cracked me up.

    ReplyDelete