Saturday, January 21, 2012

Picture of the Day - Bloody Fast


Anyone who knows us knows that my wife is an avid runner.  She is training for her first marathon in May, and today she did a 12 mile run.  Apparently while running, the nail of the second toe on her right foot started rubbing against her middle toe and cut it open.  You can kind of see the blood on her right foot middle toe, and that one sock is going to need a good bleaching I'd imagine.  Still, she managed to run 12 miles in this condition.  Oh, and her average pace was 8:35.  Apparently a bloody toe was not enough of a handicap to keep her back at my pace.

I am in perpetual awe of her running ability.  Can't wait to see her marathon.

1 comment:

  1. That exact same thing (same toe and foot) happened to me on my long run last week! It's thrilling in a sick sort of a way to see blood on your socks after your run and realize you weren't even aware of any pain. You are BA, Kathy!

    ReplyDelete