Thursday, February 10, 2011

Yoga



As you may or may not know, I'm in the middle of a P90X workout routine.  I'm almost three weeks into the three month program, and so far things are going very well.  The workouts repeat for the first three weeks, and I can definitely see improvement in the workouts I'm doing now versus the same ones I did just three weeks ago.  So far so good.

One workout in this program that has intrigued me is the yoga workout.  P90X includes a 90 minute yoga "workout" that is done at least once a week.  Before this, I had ZERO experience with any sort of yoga.  I'm sure 90 minutes of a DVD that is geared more towards a fitness routine is not necessarily "real" yoga, but it has been a very cool part of the routine.  It really is quite difficult to do it well, and it is great for balance work (and as a martial artist, I like that).  I really think you have to go into it with somewhat of an open mind, but after the workout phase, the balance phase, the stretching phase, and the meditation phase, I always feel very refreshed.  Yes, it is a different feeling from busting out the heavy weights and squatting or pressing until you literally can't move your limbs anymore, but it is still a very good feeling, and I see how people can get hooked on yoga.  I would be interested in trying a real class sometime with a real instructor sometime.  (On second thought, maybe I don't really need another addiction in my life.  Hmmmmm.......)

No comments:

Post a Comment