Tuesday, October 18, 2011

A Good Week


Today my wife took the day off of work, to go along with my day off work, and we spent the day together.  After dropping off the kids, we went out for a beautiful 5 mile hike, then came back to town and had a great lunch at Protos here in Longmont, then we came home and crashed in bed until it was time to get the kids from their respective after school events or from awesome and understanding friends.  This was the first hike we've done alone together in years...I don't even remember the last time it was just the two of us.

Last Friday, we got a sitter and the two of us went out for an amazing dinner at Martini's Bistro, then we spent the rest of the evening at our traditional favorite pinball dive in Lyons playing the Adams Family pinball machine.  This was the first date night we've had in many months (again, I can't remember the last time).

This is how it should be.  I think sometimes I do a poor job of letting my family know just how much of a priority they are in my life.  They are a huge priority, but lately I've gotten sidetracked and complacent.  Sometimes I just need a good kick in the ass to help me remember that I need to demonstrate and acknowledge that priority to them and not just keep it to myself inside my own head.  This week has been a good start.

No comments:

Post a Comment