Thursday, July 14, 2011

It is Time



The half marathon is just a day away now.  In about 2 1/2 months of training, I've run about 175 miles, dropped over a minute off of my 3 mile pace, and lost about 8 lbs.  I've watched many good friends train along with me and post about their highs and lows, and I've loved the camaraderie of this group of runners.  I've worked through injuries and watched others do the same.  I have gained confidence in my ability to simply complete a running race for a distance I never dreamed (nor ever had a desire) of doing.  And now, I feel ready.  I will be glad when it is over, but the journey here has been unforgettable and extremely positive.

At the risk of forgetting someone, I want to wish best of luck to the Alpha crew this weekend....Kathy, Ashley, John, Erika, Leah, Paul, Sid, and Amber.  I've loved watching everyone progress and actually getting to run with many of you.  Now let's go get it!!!

1 comment:

  1. What an adventure the training has been! I'm looking forward to tomorrow (mostly)!

    ReplyDelete